- March 13, 2020
- Posted by: August Rudisell
- Category: Uncategorized
You are no doubt aware of the current situation with COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus (coronavirus) in our country and the recent and ongoing diagnoses in the surrounding area. As the information about the COVID-19 is reported, we are closely monitoring the evolving situation. We are doing everything possible to keep our children and employees safe.
We will follow the direction and recommendations of the Kansas Department of Education, Lawrence-Douglas Public Health Department, and the Lawrence Public Schools regarding any further changes or actions to be taken. The health and safety of the Ballard Center staff, children, and families is our highest priority. Currently, there is no immediate health concern within our preschool.
The preschool and office will remain open at this time. Lawrence-Douglas County Public Department mandates a two-week quarantine if a positive case of COVID-19 is confirmed at our preschool.
As details continue to evolve, we want to share additional safety measures we have put in place to protect the health and safety of our Ballard families and employees:
- We maintain high levels of sanitation at all times, but we have recently doubled our efforts to clean in the classrooms, office, and pantry. Children’s toys are being removed from the classrooms and cleaned frequently to decrease the spread of germs.
- There is hand sanitizer available in the office, classrooms, and immediately at the main entrance to the building. We encourage everybody to use hand sanitizer when they enter and exit the building.
- Play-doh has been removed from the classrooms at this time.
- Children must wash hands upon arrival and again before departing the office or classrooms. Using soap and water and washing hands for 20 seconds is the easiest way to prevent the spread of any illness.
- We encourage clients or students who are exhibiting any symptoms of an acute raspatory illness (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) or have a fever within the previous 24 hours to stay home.
We will continuously evaluate and monitor this situation and relay more information via Brightwheel and Facebook if anything should change.