- 211 is a free, confidential referral and information website that connects people of all ages and from all communities to the health and human services they need. It’s available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Visit the 211 of Kansas website. Call 211 of Kansas: 211.
- Visually informative list of resources available in Douglas County compiled by the United Way of Douglas County.
- Comprehensive list of other local resources compiled by our wonderful Lawrence Public Library.
- Local assistance for Domestic Abuse Survivors through The Willow and YWCA NE Kansas.
- Assistance for seniors in Douglas County via the Senior Resource Center.
- If you need food for your pets, the Lawrence Humane Society will provide it during their regular business hours.
- Downtown Salvation Army will provide Pet food on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12 noon.
- Van Go, Inc. is an arts-based social service agency that provides year-round after-school and summer job-training programs to high-needs and under-served youth, ages 14-24.
- Children’s Advocacy Centers in Kansas.
- Legal assistance through the Douglas County Legal Aid Society.
- Legal assistance through the KU School of Law.
- Disability assistance through Kansas Legal Services.
- NE Kansas Big Brothers Big Sisters: meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages 5 through young adulthood in Douglas County.
- Birth injury resource and information guide from CerebalPalsyGuide.com.
- National Child Welfare Information Gateway.
WIC Program Information
WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children) is for pregnant and postpartum women, infants and children up to age 5 who are determined to be a nutritional risk and meet income guidelines. You may be eligible for WIC services if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Are you pregnant?
- Are you breastfeeding a baby?
- Have you had a baby recently?
- Do you have a child under the age of 5?
For more information, please visit the Lawrence-Douglas County Public Health website.