A full-time Family Connections Coordinator assists Ballard preschool families by connecting them with the resources and services needed to move toward financial stability. This may be as simple as guiding them to the on-site food and clothing pantries or as complex as attending court hearings to support individuals going through difficult legal matters.
Also, a part-time Child and Family Counselor provides home visits to assess child and family needs. Home visits routinely include developmental screenings and assessments and provide opportunities for positive connections with families.
Additional services provided by the Child and Family Counselor include:
- Teacher training in evidence-based strategies to promote positive social and emotional growth
- Education for staff and families regarding the importance and benefits of healthy bonding among children, caregivers, and teachers
- Current information on parenting techniques and child development
- Individual child and family counseling at the center or in-home
- Community presentations and trainings